We are not recruiting volunteers at present but please keep checking here for updates
We could not provide our services without our amazing team of volunteers who give their time and energy so generously. They play a major and invaluable role in our advocacy provision, supporting vulnerable people in our Community and Neurological Advocacy services. We thank them for their time, dedication and commitment.
Service users really valued the support they got from Volunteer Advocates:
- My advocate has made a massive difference. He never lets me down. I am having big problems with anxiety and he is often the only person I see in the week to talk to and has helped me to sort out lots of things like getting the help I need for my benefits, problems I am having with my bank and with my landlord
- I've found this year more difficult than the last as all my support other than my Advocate has been stopped by the cut backs. I would not know what to do if my Advocate is taken away.
- I have at all times found my advocate great and extremely helpful at meetings
What volunteers said about our training:
- Very well run and an excellent friendly introduction to the service
- Relaxed, welcoming and very informative
- Your training was better than the training I got for my paid job!
- There is lots of support provided for volunteers
- Contributions of participants were encouraged, strengthening the learning for all
Are you interested in volunteering with us?
We need volunteer advocates for our Community and Neurological Advocacy services. Being an advocate is open to all sections of the community and no previous experience is required. However we are looking for people with personal qualities such as:
- Communication and listening skills
- Ability to keep boundaries
- Ability to respect confidentiality
- Ability to manage stress
- Ability to be flexible
- Ability to understand and implement equal opportunities
- Reliability and trustworthiness
We are looking for people who can give an hour or two a week, during the day or at evenings and weekends who have an interest in promoting and defending the rights of vulnerable people. We offer full preparation for the role, ongoing support and out of pocket expenses.
We also need volunteers in other roles like administration.
To apply to become a volunteer
If you would like to apply to become a volunteer please contact us on 0191 235 7013.
To find out more
Find out more about volunteering with us by downloading our leaflet.
Find out more about being a volunteer advocate by watching the film below.
If you would like an informal chat about becoming an advocate email us