Quality Performance Marks
Over the last six months we are delighted to have had the quality of our advocacy services recognised regionally and nationally.
Advocacy Quality Performance Mark (QPM)
Advocacy Centre North has been awarded successive QPMs since 2005. We successfully passed our latest assessment in January (with every requirement, based on the Advocacy Code of Practice, fully met) and have been awarded the Advocacy QPM for another 3 years.
The assessor’s comments include
- Highly values led organisation with a passionate, dedicated, skilled and knowledgeable team
- Services were seen to be responsive, respectful and highly person centred. Advocates are thoughtful and reflective in their advocacy delivery.
- Strong organisational leadership and management that is grounded in the principles of independent advocacy.
- Robust approach to understanding the needs of the population served and in achieving resources to provide support to meet particular areas of need.
- Strong policies and procedures in place which underpin advocacy practice.
ACN Director Jacqui Jobson said:
“Advocacy Centre North welcomes the process of assessment for the Quality Performance Mark as it gives us an opportunity to pause, assess ourselves, and reflect on our service. It is extremely helpful to have someone comment objectively, in terms of the quality of our service generally and in relation to the Advocacy Code of Practice. … I would like to thank ACN staff, volunteers, service users and trustees for their active engagement in the QPM assessment process”
Commissioner's Quality Assessment
Our Gateshead Statutory Advocacy Services (IMHA, IMCA, ICAA and RPR) were assessed over two days in January 2019 by the commissioner, Gateshead Council. We achieved a 100% score against these outcomes:
- People benefit from person centred care & support
- People are safeguarded from abuse
- People are supported by excellent staff
- Organisational & management systems ensure excellent quality services
- People benefit from excellent security, health & safety
National Outstanding Advocacy Service 2018
ACN won ‘Outstanding Service’ for our overall advocacy services in the National Advocacy Awards 2018. The category aims to ‘showcase the very best in service delivery’ with ‘creative and innovative ways that services are evolving their support’. The competition was very close as there are so many great services across the country.
The award is very relevant to the partnership theme of this edition as the nomination highlighted our partnership approach to projects, strong leadership and innovation for income generation.
We are proud to have received an award from our industry peers in recognition of our hard work and impact through advocacy. We would like to thank our staff, volunteers, partners and funders who have all helped to make this possible.
Our policies and procedures
We have policies and procedures that cover every aspect of our work. We use these to reflect the way we work and to make sure that we maintain the highest levels of quality throughout our services. Click on our key policies and procedures below. Others are available on request.